Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Official Discussion thread

+3
JohnnyCbad
dooley
SilentHunter
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gears of War Official Discussion thread Empty Gears of War Official Discussion thread

Post by SilentHunter Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm just making one thread for the series.

Another Bonus XP Event for Gears of War 2

Exactly like he did with the Comic-Con 20x XP event, Epic Games' Rod Fergusson has announced that the XP bonus for the upcoming Gears 2 event will be decided by the fans - or rather, by the number of followers the official Facebook page gets.

The event will be celebrating Labor Day/PAX Prime, running from September 3rd to 7th, and Fergusson posted the following on his Twitter page about it:

Labor Day XP Event - XP multiplier will be # of Gears Facebook followers divided by 1000. https://www.facebook.com/gearsofwar

At the time of writing, the current total is nearly 14,000 people, which would obviously mean 14x XP. But I say that's not enough! Fergusson also stated on his Twitter that "no, I'm not going to cap it this time" so get your asses over to the GoW Facebook page and click that lovely "Like" button at the top of the page!

Link

Looks like another week for me to try to get closer to level 100. Twisted Evil
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Gears of War Official Discussion thread Empty Re: Gears of War Official Discussion thread

Post by dooley Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Sweet.Hopefully it'll be more than the 20x XP of the last one
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

https://imgur.com/iejxZ.png

Back to top Go down

Gears of War Official Discussion thread Empty Re: Gears of War Official Discussion thread

Post by SilentHunter Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:09 pm

dooley wrote:Sweet.Hopefully it'll be more than the 20x XP of the last one

That would be great since they are not doing a cap this time. I would mine 20xp though.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm

SilentHunter wrote:

That would be great since they are not doing a cap this time. I would mine 20xp though.

Oh I wouldn't complain if it was 20x XP again.It would just be cool if it was more,say 25x or 30x
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:55 pm

So far it is going to be a 17xp ATM.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 am

Damn the deadline for the event is today. In that case I hope for a 25xp event.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Carmine Looks Set To Survive

Mircosoft Games and Epic have been raising money for charity and allowing us gamers to decide the fate of the third Carmine brother in Gears Of War 3.

After a fantastic debut at Comic-Con 2010 and tons of real shirts and Xbox LIVE avatar tees selling by the truckload, Save Carmine has the lead! That’s right—if things continue as they are, a Carmine will actually survive a Gears of War title. We can already hear the snarling. For many of you, this is simply unacceptable.

But it’s a close race, and there’s still time! The Fate of Carmine campaign will continue until Thursday, September 2, 2010. You’ve got two more weeks to swing the proverbial pendulum back to “Carmine Must Die” or to keep “Save Carmine” in the lead. Tell your friends! Make ‘em tell their friends! Buy a shirt or two, give to the excellent Child’s Play Charity, and get Carmine through Gears 3 with his head intact—or splattered, depending on your preference.

So if you want to see Clayton Carmine Live you had better get downloading!

link

Great. Very Happy

I edit the last line. Razz

If anyone is wonder why I change the text colour. I change it so that it is a quote said by someone in the link.

Last edited by SilentHunter on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Never added the link)
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Yay hope he survives
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Well on Rod Fergusson twitter it going to be a 25xp event. Very Happy

I hope to reach 70 but I want to get to level 75.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyCbad Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 am

GOW3. Perfection. Brilliance. Can't wait!
JohnnyCbad
JohnnyCbad
Bomb-Omb

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:57 am

Gilgameish wrote:GOW3. Perfection. Brilliance. Can't wait!

I want to see if the online is going to be good Day one before I call it anything.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyCbad Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

SilentHunter wrote:

I want to see if the online is going to be good Day one before I call it anything.

Most people are still bitching that GOW1's multiplayer is better so meh. It's the four player L4D=esce co-op that interests me. I think the gears games have just had the most fun campaigns in any shooter I've played.
JohnnyCbad
JohnnyCbad
Bomb-Omb

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Quadnike Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 pm

When is it the xp event on

Quadnike
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:05 pm

The 3rd of Sept.

You didn't read the first post. Razz
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Quadnike Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Embarassed

Quadnike
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:56 pm

From Rod Fergusson Twitter page.

Labor Day Horde = Torque Bow Tag. All Drone and Grenadier weapons replaced with Torque Bows. Chaos ensues... Smile

All I can say is that it will lead to many cheap deaths.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:44 pm

SilentHunter wrote:From Rod Fergusson Twitter page.

All I can say is that it will lead to many cheap deaths.

Oh god as if I didn't hate the Torque Bow enough already.Not going to be playing Horde that weekend Evil or Very Mad
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:50 pm

I don't hate the Torque Bow as much as you but it is going to be a crap horde weekend.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Korgis Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 pm

damn this will be fun tomorrow. can't wait to get to 70
half day tomorrow and every other friday forever Very Happy
Korgis
Korgis
Bomb-Omb

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:17 pm

I think it's starting either at 3, 4 or 5. Rod Fergusson said it was starting at 9a.m but I don't know what time zone he is in.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

SilentHunter wrote:I think it's starting either at 3, 4 or 5. Rod Fergusson said it was starting at 9a.m but I don't know what time zone he is in.

Probably won't be on till sometime tomorrow night anyway.Hopefully we can get a Wiffy crew together for some games
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:03 pm

That would be great. It would be better if the crew have all the DLC so we don't have to keep going back to the lobby.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Quadnike Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 pm

I will be on in the evening possibly around 9?Gotta spend time with herself

Quadnike
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:30 pm

The event has started.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Doing pretty well today. At 69 ATM.

Make that 70. looks like I will make it to level 75 tomorrow if not sunday Very Happy
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 pm

It's funny.Before the xp event started I was quite looking forward to it.Now that it has started though I find I have absolutely no desire to play Gears at all.

I think I might have overdone it at the last event Neutral
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 pm

dooley wrote:It's funny.Before the xp event started I was quite looking forward to it.Now that it has started though I find I have absolutely no desire to play Gears at all.

I think I might have overdone it at the last event Neutral

Really. I put more determination today alone then I did in the last event.

One match today I did 16 kills and 0 deaths. Cool
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:15 pm

SilentHunter wrote:

Really. I put more determination today alone then I did in the last event.

One match today I did 16 kills and 0 deaths. Cool

I honestly think I'm just tired of the game.Played 2 matches tonight and couldn't wait to turn it off.I think the fact that I never once had the desire to play it since the last xp event kinda speaks volumes Neutral

Looks like I'm going to have to find something else to play online until Gears 3 is released
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:18 pm

dooley wrote:

I honestly think I'm just tired of the game.Played 2 matches tonight and couldn't wait to turn it off.I think the fact that I never once had the desire to play it since the last xp event kinda speaks volumes Neutral

Looks like I'm going to have to find something else to play online until Gears 3 is released

Either Halo: Reach or black ops will fill that void.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Quadnike Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:23 pm

SilentHunter wrote:

Hah black ops maybe until it goes all mw2. Depends really a few single player games or a online game

Quadnike
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 pm

SilentHunter wrote:

Absolutely no interest in Reach tbh(still have yet to finish Halo 3).Might check out Black Ops or I might hold off and see what the new Medal of Honour is like
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Dooley I know you hate horde mode ATM because of the Torque Bow but I am finding it really easy. I'm only playing it on casual (Making it easier to get the horde achievements) but one shot from the torque bow won't kill or down you when I playing it between waves 1 - 20 but it could make it to wave 30.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 pm

I can't believe that I got 17 levels so far from this event and there is still another day to go (And maybe get a few more games in Tuesday afternoon before it ends). Shocked
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:43 pm

The lovely Mr. Rod Fergusson, Executive Producer of the Gears of War franchise, recently tweeted some details on the latest Gears of War 2 experience event. Yes, another one is coming.

To make it short, Epic is intent on General RAAM, antagonist from the first Gears of War, defeating Dr. Breen, antagonist from Half Life 2, in Gamespot's All Time Greatest Game Villain contest. For every percentage point that RAAM defeats Dr. Breen, they will up the experience multiplayer by 1. In layman's terms, RAAM winning by 20% means a 20x multiplier.

Links

Fuck you Rod Fergusson. We just had one last weekend. I need a break.

I can't see this one doing as well as last weeks one.

UPDATE:

Another tweet from Fergusson has revealed Epic's intent on having their villain topple Valve's. Instead of the percentage matching multiplayer like they had promised, they have decided that if RAAM wins, the experience multiplier will be 30x. That's a lot of experience, folks.

Definitely a bit of a desperation move on Epic's behalf. I guess you could say RAAM is getting... rammed?

lol they are really despite.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Rod Fergusson has confirmed that the 30xp event will be for Halloween on his twitter account.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Gears of War 3 Delayed

Gears of War 3 needs no introduction. Suffice it to say Xbox gamers were eagerly awaiting the April 2011 release window which had been confirmed previously. Now however, the story takes an unexpected twist. Releasing an official statement to the media, Epic Games had this to say:

Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011. The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the spring of 2011. However, we’ve elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season.

Executive Producer for Epic Games, Rod Ferguson, expanded on this statement further:

I know fans are going to be disappointed with the new release date, but rest assured that this is a business decision between partners, and not a quality issue. Gears 3 was on track to be the most polished Gears of War game ever when it released in April, and this additional time allows us to polish it that much more before it hits shelves next fall. Next week we have a major multiplayer press visit at Epic HQ, and I'm really looking forward to the fans seeing and hearing about Gears 3 versus multiplayer for the first time. Lots more exciting news to come.

link

Crying or Very sad
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Sonofabitch Mad
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Looks like a slow year for microsoft if it is pushing gears back for the xmas season.

What 360 exclusives will be on the cards between now and then.

Is Crysis 2 - ps3 and 360?
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 pm

TheLaw wrote:Looks like a slow year for microsoft if it is pushing gears back for the xmas season.

What 360 exclusives will be on the cards between now and then.

Is Crysis 2 - ps3 and 360?

Yeah Crysis is multiplatform.I think you're right about next year being a slow year for MS.This year they had Mass Effect 2,Alan Wake,Halo:Reach and Fable 3.Can't think of any big exclusives next year apart from Gears
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:18 pm

For this year you forgot about splinter cell:conviction, crackdown 2 and metro2033 - all 360 exclusives

For next year - geras3, Mass effect 3, Kingdoms, XCOM, PGR5, Perfect Dark 2, Forza kinsect and all the other kinect related games

Nothing really jumping out at me there but I think the multiplatform games I am looking forward to will fill any gaps
LA Noir, crysis2 etc...Not to mention the 3DS

Has zelda skyward sword been delayed until 2011
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm

TheLaw wrote:For this year you forgot about splinter cell:conviction, crackdown 2 and metro2033 - all 360 exclusives

For next year - geras3, Mass effect 3, Kingdoms, XCOM, PGR5, Perfect Dark 2, Forza kinsect and all the other kinect related games

Nothing really jumping out at me there but I think the multiplatform games I am looking forward to will fill any gaps
LA Noir, crysis2 etc...Not to mention the 3DS

Has zelda skyward sword been delayed until 2011

Oh yeah forgot those ones

Is Mass Effect 3 really coming out next year?Considering 2 is coming out on PS3 soon enough though there's a good chance that 3 will be multiplatform so that could be another exclusive gone

Tbh 2010's exclusive list looks a lot more impressive so far than 2011.Gears and Mass Effect are the only ones you mentioned that interest me

And yes Skyward Sword is a 2011 release

This thread is kinda going off topic too Embarassed
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:56 pm

More details about Gears 3 multiplayer

Some of the main differences

- Dedicated servers
- Host migration
- Cloud based profiles
- Persistent parties
- Public Beta in 2011
- Some game modes have been altered e.g Guardian and Submission have been combined into a new mode called Capture the Leader
- Some existing weapons have been altered slightly

Full details here

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1126271p1.html

It's sounding pretty good so far
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Dedicated servers and Host migration is all I wanted for Gears 3 multi-player. Very Happy
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by VampiricPadraig Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:11 am

CBA Copypasta

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65945
VampiricPadraig
VampiricPadraig
Admin

Wiffy Veteran

http://padraigfahy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:54 am

Just a bit more news for October

"We’ve been racking our brains for a solid pun to describe this kick-ass Gears of War 2 XP event, but unfortunately, all the good ones—“Shocktober,” “Rocktober,” and so on—have already been claimed by soda companies and extreme sport events. Screw it, the awesome speaks for itself: In celebration of tomorrow’s Gears 2 Games on Demand release, earn 4x XP in Gears 2 multiplayer from October 12-28. In honor of Halloween, that figure skyrockets to an incredible 31x XP from October 29 to November 1. Go forth and boost thy rank!"

https://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=1970
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:42 am

By the looks of things the 4x XP could be the new default.

Wait 31x xp, I thought it was going to be 30x. Great gaining an extra few points in each match will get me closer to level 100. Very Happy
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dooley Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Might start playing this online again.31x XP is mad
dooley
dooley
Dry Bones

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentHunter Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

The event has started.
SilentHunter
SilentHunter
Snift

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Sweet

I was on earlier (around 12) and it was normal 4x.

Gonna give this a few hours tonight
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLaw Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Yay.......double post!!!!

Anyhoo....looking for 5 people to do some horde on insane later.
Myself, silent hunter and my bro were on last night doing some social koth and getting some decent scores
But I still think that 7750 per round on horde is a little faster, but we need 5 people to make it worth while.
Send me a friend request if you are not on my friends list and join my party when you see it.
If we get more people than 5, then koth is probably better.
TheLaw
TheLaw
Dry Bones

Wiffy Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next